Along with another seven regional organizations, CEDARE established GWP-MED in 1999. The partnership is a platform bringing together many networks and organizations concerned with water issues in the Mediterranean region. CEDARE is the organization responsible for the activities of the partnership in the southern and eastern Mediterranean.
The objective of the GWP is to promote and implement the principles of IWRM in Mediterranean countries with the aim of providing the necessary water resources to achieving the desired development in those countries. CEDARE also conducted and offered several regional training activities in the field of the Integrated Water Resource Management.
Type of services provided:
- A strong partnership between all organizations concerned with water issues n the Mediterranean region
- Implementation frameworks for IWRM
- Assessing the state of southern and eastern Mediterranean countries with regards to the preparation of IWRM plans
- Training activities regarding IWRM
- Qualified human calibers and affective institutions in the field of IWRM