On Thursday 4th February 2016, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed by both parties. H.E. Dr. Nadia Makram Ebeid, the Executive Director of CEDARE and H.E. Dr. Khaled El Adli, Vice President of ISOCARP. This MOU is drawn to unite efforts to provide high quality capacity building activities and project implementations in the MENA and Africa regions.
ISOCARP & CEDARE are entering into a partnership agreement to work on promoting the concepts of sustainable and resources efficient cities in the Middle East and Africa. The main objectives of this MOU is to:
- To promote the concepts of sustainable and resources efficient cities;
- To provide high quality capacity building activities and project implementations given that sustainable cities concept is new to the MENA and Africa regions.
- To strengthen the relationship between Participants in the field of urban planning and cities
- To provide for participation in congresses, Joint projects and the arrangement of Workshops and Seminars;
- To develop in co-operation a plan of action which identifies the Joint activities and actions for the Coming three years, to be reviewed each year.
ISOCARP, the International Society of City and Regional Planners is a global association of experienced p planners. It was founded in 1965 in a bid to bring together recognised and highly-qualified planners in an international network. The ISOCARP network brings together individual and institutional members from more than 80 countries worldwide. As a non-governmental Organisation, ISOCARP is recognised by the UN, UN-HABITAT and the Council of Europe. The Society also has a formal consultative Status with UNESCO.