- Training Course on (CEDARE – EIADSS) for Master Degree Program on Irrigation and Drainage, CHIEAM-IAM, Bari, Italy, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Training on EIA for irrigation projects in collaboration with Cairo University, 05/10/2001-08/10/2001
- Environmental Impact Assessment of the Southern Valley Project, Egypt, 01/12/1998-01/12/1999, Ministry of Water Resources & Irrigation, Egypt
- Technical Assistance to Syria on Studying the Groundwater/Sea Water Intrusion Problem in Syria, 1997 – 1998
Based on the request of the Syrian Ministry of Environmental Affairs for technical assistance on the seawater intrusion problem in Syria, CEDARE together with the Ministry composed a proposal for this study in 1997. Upon recommendations of this proposal, a detailed study was conducted. CEDARE continued its support by co-sponsoring this study.
The study incorporated identification of the delineation of a pilot area for the monitoring of groundwater/seawater interaction behavior, as well as a geologic and hydrogeologic survey of the area. It also included compilation of well information and chemical analysis of water samples. A report of the study findings and recommendations was prepared.
- Technical Assistance to the Lake Nasser Development Authority of Egypt for the Lake Environmental Protection
Upon request from the Lake Nasser Development Authority of Egypt for a Technical Assistance on the Lake Environmental Protection, CEDARE co-sponsored a study for the environmental management of Abu-Simbel as a pilot study area for Lake Nasser. The study included a GIS for the various activities in the area as well as the proposed activities. Recommendations for the environmental protection of Lake Nasser were provided to the Authority
- Technical Assistance to the Information and Decision Support Center of the Egyptian Cabinet for a Flood Risk Assessment Study in Wadi Qena
The Information and Decision Support Center of the Egyptian Cabinet of Ministers requested technical assistance on a flood risk assessment study. CEDARE sponsored this study for a pilot area in Wadi Qena. This study aimed at reducing damage to properties and loss of lives associated with flash flood occurrences. In this study, landuse and soil characteristics maps of Wadi Qena were interpreted. A digital elevation model and a hydrological model of the area were also developed. The study served as a step towards the development of a regional risk map, which considers reduction of damage from unfavorable natural phenomena.
- Regional Programme for the Development of a Regional Strategy for the Utilization of the NubianSandstone Aquifer System (NSAS)
CEDARE is the executing agency of the above mentioned Programme which is funded by IFAD. This Regional Project is funded at a budget of US$ 700,000 for two years 1997/1998 and 1998/1999 aiming at developing a regional strategy for the utilization of the Nubian Sandstone Aquifer. A comprehensive progress report of the Programme is available separately.
- Technical Assistance to the Model United Nations (International Court of Justice) of the American University of Cairo on "Issues About Dams With Special Reference to the Gabcikovo-Nagymaros Project on the Danube River", December, 1996, Cairo-Egypt.
- Drinking Water Treatment at the Village Level 01/01/1995-01/01/1995, EEAA, Egypt
- Technical Assistance to Egypt on the Formulation of a National Strategy for Potable Water inEgypt, January, 1995, Cairo-Egypt.