Sponsored by the Swiss Sustainable Recycling Industries (SRI) Programme, 6 assessment reports have been developed by CEDARE in the context of the SRI Egypt project. The Project was implemented by the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (MCIT) and CEDARE in collaboration with the Ministry of Environment, UNDP-GEF Medical and Electronic Waste Management Project, Ministry of Finance, & Ministry of Trade & Industry. The Swiss partners were represented by the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO), World Resource Forum Association (WRFA) & Sofies. The first phase of the project was implemented throughout the period from July 2016 to June 2018.
As a key deliverable of phase I of the project, the reports act as an important instrument in scaling up the sustainable e-waste industry in Egypt. They verified and validated different aspects of the formal & informal e-waste sector in Egypt and covered various components; namely, Baseline Assessment, Conformity Assessment, Technology Partnerships, Financing Mechanism, & Training & Capacity Building.
- EXTENDED PRODUCER RESPONSIBILITY ASSESSMENT REPORT Download
- LEGISLATIONS REPORT – Review of the existing Egyptian legislation applicable to e-waste recycling compared to the European standards on e-waste recycling WEELABEX Download
- Assessment of WEEE Dismantling Business Opportunities – Formal Sector Download
- MAPPING OF INFORMAL SECTOR involved in E-Waste Collection Download
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP SUPPORT & INTERVENTION PROGRAMME – Programme Design Document Download
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP ASSESSMENT REPORT – Landscape of Sustainable Incubators and Accelerators in Egypt for E-Waste Recycling Download